CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 12, 2009

And They Called it Pumpkin Love

Happy Monday!

This week is a 3-day work week for me - wahoooo!! No exciting trips for me - it'll be a "StayStudyCation." I have a big mid-term on Friday and had some vacay days to use up, so Thursday and Friday I'm hittin' the books big time.

*Answer to Friday's Three Questions? I did not trip down the aisle and fall at my sister's wedding. Isn't that every girl's worst fear?

Yes, my cousin dropped a weight on my head when I was 4. I had stitches and still have the scar to prove it!

And, yes, I did run up to Jermaine O'Neal one night outside of a bar in Indianapolis (this is when he played for the Pacers - pre-brawl). I asked if he would sign an autograph for me (hey, I didn't have any paper!) and when he asked where my pen was, I shrugged my shoulders and walked/skipped away! You can guess how many alcoholic drinks were involved in this scenario.

Moving on.

Thanks to Stephanie's recommendation, I picked up this stuff at TJ's this week - oh my, oh my!



I decided to play matchmaker with my very first Honeycrisp apple (which, BTW, blew my mind! Totally worth the extra $$).
They hit it off right away - instant chemistry. Rumor has it, there is already a second date in the works.

I got a hankering for something else pumpkin this weekend...and guess what I found!

Not even the pumpkin pie mix!

Did you know there is a shortage of canned pumpkin this year? Stock up, kids - this could jeopardize our Thanksgiving Dinners.

So what am I going to make with this pumpkin, you ask?

Why, muffins of course!

I wanted to get around to it, but alas, couch shopping, studying and mowing the lawn took precedent.

I did, however, get to enjoy a YUMMY pumpkin cupcake, given to me by my sister. It's a Weight Watcher recipe that I HAVE to get - this thing was phenomenal! I believe she used crushed pineapple, so it was UNbelievably moist.


I also got my very first Pumpkin Spice Latte to celebrate my studies and, well, the weekend.

And I ended my weekend by watching my favorite Pumpkin do his thang.

Question: Has anyone made the switch from blogger to Wordpress? Blogger has just caused me a lot of issues lately, so I started a Wordpress blog but am not sure about how to transfer it over. It is possible to transfer over all postings, right?

Check out Inside I am Dancing's CHOBANI Giveaway!

16 comments:

Stephanie @cookinfanatic said...

Hey girlie, so glad you tried the pumpkin butter & like it!!! It's life changing, right :) Looks like you have a lot of pumpkin goodnes in your future too.. have a great start to the week!

http://cookinfanatic.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

That cupcake looks yummy. :)

I'm sure, but I do believe it's possible to transfer content between blogger and wordpress. I think it's a good choice honestly, wordpress is awesome.

Brandi said...

that pumpkin butter is awesome, isn't it? GREAT on oatmeal :)

Erica said...

hahahah I cannot believe the boob signing was true. You rock ;) PUMPKIN SPICE! Makes the fall worth while for me (I'm not a cold weather gal). Enjoy the three day week and good luck with the studying

Lisa said...

Oh I love love love pumpkin muffins and bread. I almost bought a mix at Costco last time I was there. Did not know about the canned pumpkin shortage... I better buy some know or my son will not be a happy camper without his pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. Enjoy your short work week (I'm super jealous) and good luck with the midterm.

Missy said...

Yes pumpkin butter and apples are the best combo ever! I better stock up! Not sure about Wordpress but I've been wanting to do it too! I kind of want to pay someone to do it since I am terrible with computers!

Anonymous said...

haha, you are so funny!! You shrugged your shoulders and walked/skipped away... lol!! :) Even though I've never met you, I can totally see you doing that Holly!! lol :) You make me smile!!

Good to know about the pumpkin shortage! I need to stock up!!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

I would love that pumpkin cupcake recipe, so if you get it, will you please forward it to me. Don't go to any trouble, but if it happens to be a simple link to send or an attachment you can forward, I'd love it too. But don't worry yourself typing it up or anything b/c I know you're super busy with your exam coming up!! Which by the way, GOOD LUCK!! :)

Happy Monday Holly!! :)

Anonymous said...

OH lordy, I totally just read that article today and was so sad! Now I know to go buy some fresh pumpkin and use that before I dip into my good ‘ol canned pumpkin stash!! I have been wanting to try that TJ’s pumpkin butter for god knows how long, but I think I’m going to embark on a journey to make my own this weekend!! GOSH that looks so yummy though…I love how TJ’s wrap their products! They can make vegemite look delicious. Hahaha

Unknown said...

ARG I need to get my hands on pumpkin butter - I can't find a decent one around me! The hunt continues...

And I've been hearing about this crazy pumpkin shortage! There is so much here that it's on sale! Iowa should share :)

Anonymous said...

I just got a jar of the pumpkin butter- and the TJ's pumpkin granola! I don't think I can take canned pumpkin back though...too heavy :( I have a couple of cans at home- would LOVE the recipe for your sisters cakes!

I transferred all my posts from blogspot to wordpress- one click and it does it all for you. Go to the "tools" on the menu, and then import/export :)

Anonymous said...

haha the blog world is going crazy with pumpkin. I too am obsessed with the TJ Pumpkin butter. Taste great with some pb :)

TropicalHappiness.com said...

I'm interested in the wordpress vs blogger too! Love your autograph story!

Nicole said...

I'm switching to wordpress too.. blogger is lame. :) THere is a way to do it-- but i'm still learning. I'll hook you up as soon as i learn the secrets! YAY

Anonymous said...

i love all things pumpkin =) I really need to get my hands on some pupmkin butter from Tjs soon!

I have transferred from blogger to wordpress and I know that my previous posts transferred over, but I can't remember how i did it - it wasn't too hard though!

healthy ashley said...

Isn't pumpkin butter the best!?! I want some cupcakes now :)

carla said...

ok Im sooo gonna be singing the puppylove all day now :)

and sadly IM more a cautionary tale for ANYTHING blog related than a giver of tips.

sorry :)

MizFit